And I will likely be out of commission for a while; I hope to be back soon with a blog post and update. [If you are new to my site and looking to book a session, click HERE. If you are interested in a gift certificate for the holidays, just click on the "CONTACT" button above to fill out an inquiry form and I will get back to you by November 23, 2014.]
1. Ting is THE BEST THING EVER next to pumpkin-flavored treats! Our 17-year old son just received his first smartphone – a Samsung Galaxy S4. After hearing good things about Ting’s service (everything from pricing to customer service), we decided to give it a whirl.
We purchased a used phone through Glyde via the Ting website. Ting walked us through the process online, even transferring our son’s old telephone number from another provider to the new device. Easy peasy. We can set limits if warranted, which include disabling data if he exceeds a certain number of MB. And the price is extremely reasonable, plans are totally customized to your use. Total value. Click HERE to learn more!
2. Warm Hugs.
A friend gifted this sure-to-be-greatly-appreciated-post-surgery corn pack. It can be heated up in the microwave and used as a heating pad or thrown into the freezer for use as a cold pack. And I loooove the cute coffee-theme she chose for me! Click HERE to find this Minnesota seller on Etsy.
3. Decorative Throw Blankets from World Market.
So many cute colors, textures, and patterns. Click HERE to browse through their huge selection!
4. THIS fall dress from ModCloth:
And THESE adorable shoes, perfect for both casual and dressy outfits:
5. Pumpkin Gutter from Williams-Sonoma.
Works with any standard drill for effortless pumpkin cleaning. Click HERE for details!
I finished up my last session of the season earlier than planned because of a cancellation and now have FIVE DAYS to take care of all sorts of ‘pressing issues’ before my surgery on Wednesday:
- a hair cut and color;
– painting my toenails while I can still bend;
– packing as much as I can NOW for the 2014 December Weekend Scrapbooking Retreat (treat bags/prizes included);
– whipping up a few more freezer meals using THIS COOL MAKE-AHEAD AND FREEZE COOKBOOK I picked up from the library;
– creating chore charts to delegate ALL housework for the next 6-weeks;
– gathering recipes for the cookbook I’m still working on;
– stocking up on important things like coffee, chocolate, and Hot & Spicy Chex Mix; and
– getting the boys loaded up with treats and baked goods for our annual Halloween shindig.
I also plan to enjoy every single second of this weekend without any deadlines looming overhead.
Making time to play even with all of the frenzied prep work.
One glance out the window and I knew it would be perfect for a little Lensbaby fun – the frost, fog, leaves dropping.
I told my son it looked like the clouds had fallen from the sky.
A little ‘heaven on earth’ so to speak.
I have a long history with this family.
I would even go so far as to say that photographing them at their family farm each year is one of MY favorite fall traditions.
This year they not only gave me their best ninja and pirate poses, but a tour of the new tree fort as well!
There was lots of hugging and kissing and stealing of raspberries.
And so, so much more! Here are several more from our time together:
The best part? When G-Man suggested I leave my camera at home next time (it gets in the way of our play).
Thanks again for a lovely morning…
And all of the treats!!!