If you are interested in attending the February Faithbooking Crop (click HERE for details) this weekend, be sure to let me know by the end of the day! Too, I just tested out a killer recipe that I had to share (it would make for the perfect crop snack or party appetizer).
- 2 packages (about 2 lbs.) little turkey smokies
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 jar (about 12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp. wine vinegar, red or white
- In the slow cooker insert, stir together the ketchup, seasonings, preserves, brown sugar, and red or white wine vinegar. Add the little smokies; cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve hot from the slow cooker.