A friend of mine is moving to Atlanta and a group of us gathered in her honor. Tammy is one of the most humble gals I know. A gentle heart. Beautiful singing voice. And a girly-girl, which I simply adore about her – we are both mothers of boys (she => 4) and maintaining a sense of GIRLDOM is extremely important to both of us.
I’m going to so miss her presence each week.
Anyway, the occasion called for something special. Something… PINK! I thought this frozen dessert would be perfect.
And perfect it was. The ladyfingers making it just so LADYlike.
The recipe calls for an entire pint of strawberries, making it another uber healthy recipe.
It’s also waaaaay fancier than your typical summer shortcake. Which might make some people think you are gifted in the kitchen.
Even when you are not! The printable recipe is below.
- 2 (3 oz.) packages soft ladyfingers
- 2 pt. strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 pt. strawberry sorbet, softened
- 1 pt. fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/2 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Arrange ladyfingers around sides and on bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. (Reserve any remaining ladyfingers for another use.) Spread strawberry ice cream over ladyfingers and freeze 30 minutes.
- Spread softened sorbet over ice cream. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Process strawberries and powdered sugar in a food processor 1 minute or until pureed. Reserve 1/4 cup mixture. Whisk remaining strawberry mixture into marshmallow creme until well blended.
- Beat cream at high speed with an electric mixture until stiff peaks form. Fold into marshmallow mixture. Pour over sorbet in pan. Drizzle reserved strawberry mixture over top and gentlly swirl with a paring knife. Freeze 4 hours or until firm. Let ice cream cake stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.