Though not your typical salsa. The main ingredient: strawberries.
Best served with lime-flavored tortilla chips. The recipe is below.
- 2 cups finely chopped strawberries (approx. 1 pint)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped, peeled avocado (approx. 1/2 of avocado)
- 4 Tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 4 Tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 4 Tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 lime is sufficient for both the juice & zest)
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped, seeded jalapeno (leave the seeds in for more heat)
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar or Stevia equivilant
- Chop and mix all ingredients. Serve immediately with lime tortilla chips.