I recently had the opportunity to photograph a very special family gathering. The kind that only happens once or twice a year. Siblings, spouses, grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends…
From different parts of Wisconsin. And Florida. [And, of course, Minnesota!] It’s not always easy for EVERYONE to gather in one place. At the very same time.
When Caarin contacted me about the session, it sounded like the perfect backdrop for an Everyday Session.
And that it was. I simply hung back and watched them reconnect.
And enjoy a meal together.
Here are several more of my favorites from the day:
Things I will remember about this day:
– the icing pranks and your refrigerator is running
– the flower crown that even I got to wear 🙂
– the seemingly effortless way in which the family pulled this picnic together (everyone had a role and played it well)
– Charlee and Coltrane… TOTAL sweetness
– watching the little “princess” and her auntie… they had a special, special connection
– the silliness with Grandpa
– hearing that the pictures I took of Grandma with her brother and Grandpa with his sister were THE VERY FIRST taken together in a long, long time
This day and these moments will be treasured. Thank you SO VERY MUCH for allowing me to capture your day!