I whipped this up some time ago and it was SO VERY YUMMY. With it being apple season and all, I thought you might like to try it as well.
You won’t regret it. The printable recipe is below.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded, peeled apple (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 recipe Streusel-Nut Topping [below]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom and 1/2-inch up the sides of a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in sugar until combined. Add buttermilk and baking powder; beat until combined. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined. Add flour and salt; beat until combined. Stir in apples, nuts, and raisins.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan; spread evenly. Sprinkle Streusel-Nut Topping over batter. [Streusel-Nut Topping: In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup packed brown sugar and 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour. Cut in 3 Tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans.] Bake for 60-65 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. Makes 1 loaf.