I woke up to this on Monday:
And my thoughts immediately went to soup. A big pot of it. But I had a lot on my plate that day, including a 3-hour round trip to my grandpa’s house. Thankfully, I had everything on hand for this tasty recipe.
Which came together in 30-minutes, making it the perfect don’t-have-time-to-cook meal.
And anything that is served over a bed of tortilla chips is likely to be a sure hit, even when noticeable vegetables are involved.
The printable recipe is below.
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 9-oz. pkg. frozen corn, thawed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups tortilla chips, lightly crushed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Optional: sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro
- Sauté onion, pepper, garlic, and chicken in oil in a Dutch oven until chicken is done; remove chicken.
- Pour in broth; bring to a simmer. Add corn and cumin; cook 10 minutes.
- Shred chicken; stir into soup.
- Place some chips in each bowl; ladle soup over chips. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with sour cream and cilantro, if desired.