I told my niece and nephew about Dirt Cake several months ago. We had somehow gotten on the topic of GUMMY WORMS and I told them that someday we would make Dirt Cake to play a trick on Grandpa.
This was my niece’s first reaction to the gummy worm.
And her second. 🙂 My nephew on the other hand, decided to bite first…
And ask questions later.
They were awesome helpers, as I am sure you can tell:
They made the dirt. And helped clean (lick) all of the spoons.
This dessert is not only a cinch to make but yummy, too! You will find the printable recipe below.
- 16 oz. Oreo Cookies
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 oz. container Cool Whip
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 small packages chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 package gummy worms
- Crush half of the Oreo cookies and spread on bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Mix together the Cool Whip, softened cream cheese, and powdered sugar. Pour this mixture over the cookies.
- Mix milk, pudding, and vanilla. Pour pudding over mixture in the pan.
- Crush the remaining Oreo cookies and scatter them over the top of cake.
- Decorate with gummy worms.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.