I want to live a great story, one full of meaning and purpose – rich in adventure and love. Instead of waiting to see where the tide takes me, my desire is to live with intention. Pursuing things that matter.
But sometimes I get stuck. Thinking about things instead of doing. Spending way too much time on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram. Having all sorts of good intentions that go nowhere real fast, as days turn into weeks and moments slip away.
And this is one of those times.
So instead of finding my way out alone, I thought I would share what I am doing each day to get unstuck in the hopes it might prove helpful to someone else struggling with this very same thing. I came up with the 30ish-Day Challenge to push me through the month of May. The goal? To take what I learn and move into the summer months with intention. Here are a few of the guidelines I’ve set for myself:
1. Write every day. EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. Think of it as an excavation that will unearth buried dreams and desires. Or a filter that will help me discern between ‘good’ and ‘great’ things because I need to live within boundaries to flourish. This writing time is essential to living with intention!
2. Shoot for 7-8 hours of sleep each night. Without it my thinking is muddled and emotions tend to rule. If I can’t ‘fit it in’ then something else needs to go.
3. Be mindful of every task, activity, and thing I say ‘yes’ to.
4. Be mindful of every dollar and minute I spend. Consider each an investment.
5. Get outside each day. Instead of snatching up the closest parking spot, walk! Take the bike for a spin. Eat lunch in the sun. Enjoy being outside for the peace of mind it brings.
6. Take time early each week to plan out and shop for family mealtime (4-5 new meals with rearranged leftovers for the remaining nights).
7. Instead of frittering the evenings away, DO something to shake up the routine.
8. Post to my blog every day during the 30ish-Day Challenge. EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. I will share ideas for journaling, resources that inspire and motivate me to DO, and insights along the way. I will invite others to share here as well because we learn best in community!
9. And there will of course be some sort of prize at the end. Because bribery motivates. 😀
If you are interested in taking part in my 30ish-Day Challenge, just follow along. And be sure to journal! Grab a notebook and pen and write whatever comes out in response to the questions I post each day.
Tomorrow will be Day 1.