Summer is in full swing and my absolute favorite parts so far have been:
1. Fruits and vegetables. There is NOTHING like the taste of berries in-season or lettuce harvested from the garden. Rhubarb, green beans, asparagus, blueberries, carrots – I love it all!
2. Grilling. Everything from pineapple to fish. (Yes, I said that… even FISH!)
3. Bonfires in the backyard. Watching the sunset over the horizon. Listening to the chorus of frogs. And s’mores made with Gingerbread Peeps, cinnamon grahams & dark chili chocolate.
4. Neighborhood walks.
5. Sitting on the front porch and smelling the roses.
7. Binge-watching Mad Men with Tony.
8. Ice cream cones. They’ve been a regular thing here this summer. Archer Farms has some new flavors out and we have been working our way through the line. Currently in our freezer: Strawberry Blondie Ice Cream and Salted Caramel Gelato.
9. Photographing my heart out with tons of summer sessions! It has been so much fun connecting with new and familiar faces. 😀
10. Summer salads. Speaking of salads, I made a promise to my niece to post the recipe for this one:
You will find it at the bottom of this blog post!
As far as my session availability goes, just a handful of spots remain in September and October (I am booked fully the rest of the summer). If you are interested in scheduling something for fall, be sure to contact me ASAP.
- 2 cups cubed tart apples
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 cups halved seedless grapes
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup cold evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, celery, grapes, and marshmallows.
- In a chilled mixing bowl, beat milk until frothy. Add sugar and vanilla.
- Beat in mayonnaise and peanut butter.
- Pour over apple mixture; stir until coated.
- Cover and refrigerate. Top with nuts before serving.