Have you ever taken a moment to listen to the things you say to yourself? We can be our own worst enemy at times! There is a beautiful girl within each of us longing to be recognized, valued, and accepted. She is one-of-a-kind. Precious. These thoughts and more have been swirling through my head since returning from Camp Craftalata in February. And when Crystal and Kelli mentioned they were no longer interested in hosting their annual crafting retreat, an idea took root and started to grow. To make a long story short, I will be taking over their spot next February!
Beautiful Girl is the theme of a crafting retreat I will be hosting in 2018, just days shy of my 50th birthday. Beautiful Girl is not only our theme, but a personal reminder based on this piece of scripture:
You are altogether beautiful, my darling, beautiful in every way. – Song of Solomon 4:7
Beauty has been a struggle for me from very early on. Recovery from an eating disorder required a change in attitude about beauty and the way I treated myself. Some seasons are more challenging than others but as women, I believe the struggle is universal. Beautiful Girl is a reminder for you as well.
Our weekend will include made-from-scratch meals, Spa Night, fashion inspiration, a trip to Dancing Dragonfly Winery, mini photo sessions & all sorts of treats/optional activities to nourish the body, mind, and soul. There will also be fruit-infused water, hot beverages & an assortment of snacks. Everyone will be asked to bring one item to share using a signup form posted in advance of the retreat.
WHEN: Thursday, February 15-Sunday, February 18, 2018 (Presidents’ Day weekend)
WHERE: The Trails Retreat (St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin)
COST: $195 (a $50 non-refundable deposit due by 7/1 reserves the spot with remaining balance due December 1, 2017)
There are eighteen (18) THE RETREAT IS NOW FULL! – just shoot me a quick note, text, email, or FB message if you would like one held for you! If you are interested in attending but don’t consider yourself crafty, perhaps one of the following ideas would appeal to you:
1. Make it a letter writing weekend. Bring along some lovely stationary, cards, stamps & your address book. Use the time to write meaningful notes to the people in your life.
2. Create a legacy journal. Click HERE for instructions.
3. Spend the weekend reading or resting or journaling; use the weekend as an opportunity to refill the well.
4. Pick up a copy of The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron and work through the creative exercises at the end of each chapter.
5. Create a vision board. Click HERE for instructions.
6. Assemble a mini album. Turn your photos into 4×4 prints and use them to create an adorable gift for yourself or someone you love. Click HERE, HERE, and HERE for a nice selection of 4×4 albums.
7. Bring your camera and check out the local area. Click HERE for details.
If you have any questions about the weekend, let me know.