The weekend was filled with all sort of baking.
And picture-taking of said baked goods. (The recipe for the Rhubarb Ginger Muffins is from Pastry Affair, click HERE for the yummy details.)
It really was the perfect day.
Until my lens broke. 🙁
Good thing I have a load of Rhubarb Pudding Cake to soothe my soul. The printable recipe is below.
- 4 cups diced rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup full fat sour cream (I used Crema Supremo)
- Vanilla bean frozen yogurt, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make compote by mixing together rhubarb and 1 cup of the sugar in a medium saucepan with lid.
- Add the vanilla bean and water then cover and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes (stir once or twice while cooking).
- Take the compote off the heat but keep it covered while you make the cake.
- To make the cake, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and mix until blended.
- Cream the butter and remaining 1/2 cup of sugar until fluffy.
- Blend in eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla.
- Blend in the flour mixture in three parts, alternating with the sour cream in two parts, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Spread batter into a 9x9 pan greased with butter.
- Pour the compote over top (it will be quite runny, this is normal).
- Place the cake in the center of the oven and bake until edges are firm and center no longer jiggles, about 45-50 minutes.
- Let cake cool for 30 minutes before spooning into bowls.
- Top with a scoop of frozen yogurt and serve.