Received some zucchini from a friend of mine with the most beeeeeeaaautiful garden ever.
I’ll be devoting a whole entire post to her happy place sometime in the next few days. Right now, I’m focusing solely on my happy place… the kitchen. 🙂
I whipped up some chocolate zucchini bread. It was so good I thought I’d share it virtually with you! The printable recipe is below.
- 2-1/3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups unpeeled, grated zucchini (about 1 pound)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs slightly. Whisk in oil and vanilla.
- Stir in zucchini and add mixture to dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- Pour into 2 lightly sprayed or oiled 4-1/2 by 8-1/2 by 2-1/2 inch loaf pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean, 50-55 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edges and remove bread from pans.