I stumbled upon an apple-cheese fondue recipe in this month’s EveryDay with Rachael Ray magazine and tweaked it a bit to make my own version. Served it up with Golden Delicious and Honeycrisp apples.
And increased dipping options to include bratwurst and this DELICIOUS pumpkin-cranberry bread I picked up from Target. [Click HERE for a bread machine version.]
And it was SO.VERY.GOOD. The printable recipe is below.
- 1 cup cider
- 4 oz. yellow cheddar, shredded
- 4 oz. sharp white cheddar, shredded
- 8 oz. Monterey jack, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- Ground nutmeg
- Sliced apples, cooked bratwurst, and bread for dipping
- In a medium saucepan or electric fondue pot, bring the cider to a simmer over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, toss shredded cheese with the cornstarch.
- Gradually stir cheese mixture into hot cider, stirring frequently until melted and smooth.
- Add nutmeg to taste and serve with dippers.