When I took a bite of these muffins it was a little like fall exploded in my mouth.
Absolutely delicious. The printable recipe is below.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups peeled, chopped apples
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Streusel Topping (see below)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, oil, and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in apples and nuts, if desired.
- Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin tins, filling them about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle with Streusel Topping (In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly).
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on a rack.