I whipped up this seasonal dessert to share at the 2013 Winter Weekend Scrapbooking Retreat. It was SO VERY GOOD, not too heavy or sweet. [This delicious recipe is just one of many in our anniversary cookbook planned for next year – click HERE for details.] The printable recipe is below.
- Lady Finger Layer
- 3 oz. package of lady fingers
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso granules; dissolved in 2 tablespoons hot water
- Pumpkin Sour Cream Layer
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped Topping Layer
- 1-1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin, sugar and vanilla until well mixed. Set aside.
- To make the whipped topping, beat the heavy whipping cream, vanilla and sugar until the mixture creates stiff peaks.
- Lightly brush the lady fingers with the espresso until dampened on both sides (do not oversaturate).
- Cut lady fingers to fit bottom of 8 oz. wide mouth jar.
- Gently place a lady finger into the bottom of jar.
- Generously spoon or pipe the pumpkin layer over the lady fingers
- Spoon or pipe the whipped topping directly onto the pumpkin layer.
- Repeat layering a second time to fill the jars.