When I began hosting monthly IF:Table dinners last June, I really had no clue what I was doing or why. But as the seed grew, so did my vision for our table:
1. Everyone is welcome regardless of age, race, beliefs, lifestyle, or marital/social/economic status.
2. The table is a place to learn more about each other and ourselves.
3. The table is rarely the same each month. As seats open, new women are invited. [I pray about who to invite and when a name or face comes to mind that sticks, I extend an invitation… even if it’s to someone I barely know! As an introvert, this really pushes me out of my comfort zone.]
4. The table is a place for authentic conversation.
5. No gifts, food, or clean-up help accepted. 😀
6. Everyone is invited to attend without any obligation to participate in discussion.
7. The table is a place to relax and enjoy the company of other women over a good meal.
8. The table is a place for deeper conversations. [Click HERE to view the conversation cards from previous months.]
9. Dinner lasts two hours, ending promptly at 8:00 pm.
10. Real life is messy. It isn’t perfect and neither are we! The table is a place to just be you.
There is a feeling of community around the table that has very little to do with anything other than the fact that we are all women trying to sort through this thing called life. The stories, struggles, joys, and experiences all vary making for rich discussions at times.
And to top it all off, I get to make all sorts of fun dishes to share! This month’s menu included Chicken Stuffed w/Golden Onions & Fontina, Roasted Parmesan Green Beans, baguettes served w/Herb Butter, and Warm Pear Apple Crumble Dessert.
My hope is that by next fall we will have a dining room table that seats at least ten to invite even more women! Perhaps in time, some of you might even be inspired to start your own table. 🙂