As much as I love rhythm and routine, it is important to do things each and every day that stretch us.
When we regularly pursue discomfort, fear diminishes with time. We learn to view uncertainty as an opportunity for excitement, a doorway for possibility.
Bringing adventure into daily life begins with a commitment to explore. A decision we make to willingly step into the unknown more often than we settle into routine. Not only do we grow through these experiences, we open ourselves to living a story worth telling.
Here are some ideas for adding more adventure to everyday life:
– take a different route to work
– journey to a far off place by cooking a traditional meal from another country
– eat breakfast outside
– plant an herb garden
– prepare a meal that features unique, in-season produce
– paint your walls a new color
– explore a new location on Date Night
– strike up a conversation with a stranger while waiting in line at the grocery store
– visit a new park
– make something from one of your Pinterest boards
– learn another language
The idea is to shake things up by trying something NEW!